Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship”, such as photography.
Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work
- To distribute copies of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
- To display the copyrighted work publicly.
- Basically, SkyShots Photography original photographs and derivative images belong to us, and you may not use them in any way without our agreement. We provide our clients with a license to use the images they have purchased, although we remain the copyright-holder.